Friday, February 11, 2011

Husbandless










So I have been minus a laptop this week since the lapse in blogging.  Joe was away this past week at the World Ag Expo in Tulare, California working for Arolo Company.  I stayed home with the girls and to watch over the farm.  I had a great week and with visits from the Arntz kids and Tina to the farm.  Everyone asks don't you miss Joe?   Well in all honesty   sure I did, but the house was clean the laundry room stayed empty my dark wood floors stayed a whole week without boot prints. The girls were fabulous and we had  easy dinners, story time, bath and early nights.  I vegged on the couch and watched all MY shows.  You know the quality TV of Jersey Shore, Real Housewives etc. So minus the hubby isn't bad I could get used to it.  I even had cereal for my dinner in honor of Joe :)  So before Joe left he brought home 6 pigs that post later. He also installed a seat belt for Hadley in the Artic Cat so now the girls can tool around the whole farm together.  Good thing Avery is a good driver.  Avery also had a field trip with her preschool to the local post office in Tomales. She got to see all the ins and outs of the post office.  Put is this way she now thinks stamps are stickers and can go on everything including coloring books. I had my good friend Tina from San Francisco come visit the farm.  I love her honesty first thing she says is "I was driving out here thinking it is so far out I needed an overnight bag"  or "Where do you go shopping".  Trust me I feel that way too sometimes even though we are 15 minutes from town. Our new full time worker is wonderful and fitting in perfect. He is great with the animals and even likes things very neat !!  We even planted lavender this past week. So Joe is outnumbered and can no longer be messy...well I will be hopeful anyways.  The office construction will continue this weekend now that Joe is home and fence painting is on the honey do farm list.  I am so ready to get some house projects done also....not sure when I will ask Joe to do that maybe after some wine !! So the projects go on this week and I am sure the marital bickering will continue when I ask Joe to lay floors in the playroom. So we shall see if that gets done by next weekend !!  To be continued .......

No comments: