Friday, April 15, 2016

Growing On Up

Well look at that an on time blog post.  I seem to be learning to be a little more efficient with my time management {most days} with three little kids and a business I can't guarantee it is a normal occurrence. Spring is officially here and on the family front we are managing all of our growing little ladies.  Joe is adjusting to all girls, bows and dresses!  Although I do find him repeating...or mumbling "this is my life so many girls".  Followed by a little giggle I think he is quite smitten with all those adorable smiles and bows. Each day even after 10 years of marriage with our normal day to day marital spats about farm design, kids, and normal things he still melts my heart.  We managed to sneak away for a vacation with my family to Hawaii.  Great time with everyone and truly enjoyed. It didn't last long and we were back to our reality of hectic schedules, homework, chickens, ponies and normal day to day chores. 
On the farm front we are now back to our favorite little house, with a new farm office.  I sure do hold a special place in my heart for this little place.  How did we fit in it for so long?  I have no idea, but now we are more grown up, with an official and did I mention adorable farm office!  Projects continue on the farm and creamery.  We will soon have our line of farm apparel available on our website.  Thanks to my friend Tina Suhrke who is amazing and helped with our design vision.  We officially launched our sheep milk feta. Yup...SHEEP MILK FETA.  Not a big description needed it is just that delicious!  We also have newly launched our glass bottled classic whole cows milk.  Can I just say after a year of nagging my husband and him saying we will get to it....and more nagging it finally happened.  You see, in our family we are a split herd {farmer language} 50/50 ... half sheep/ half cows.  A few of us drink sheep milk and a few of us drink cows milk. So that just didn't seem fair, so after a year of endless nagging we are finally launched.  So excited!   We are using a local single sourced milk from Diamond W dairy. A beautiful farm located minutes from our home farm + creamery.  Can I just mention how beautiful this farm is.  All of you blog followers know our HUGE marital spats regarding our farm style. Paved driveways, planters, manicured lawns on my must list. Well this farm sparkled as we drove up the paved drive past the beautiful pampered Holsteins, to beautiful barns and planted planters.  Instant love!  Huge thank you to all our friends and family for the support and help of this huge process that we undertook. Check our website for product updates and locations.  We also welcomed back our favorite friend and first creamery employee!  Joe...well he was extra happy to have his friend back to work with everyday, we are so lucky to have great employees+ friends. As a small producers, we couldn't do what we do without them. So a little update for now as we expand and grow. Back to weed whacking I go!  {Seriously}  A girl has to get things done and not a week from now.  I will not be posting a photo of my outfit today!
























No comments: